Members of the Monmouth Area Chamber of Commerce have the opportunity to place job openings on this page. Applicants must respond as directed in the job posting and not directly to the Monmouth Chamber of Commerce.
Smithfield is looking for Production Workers in their Monmouth Facility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check
- Previous production/manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to work in cold and hot temperatures
- Ability to work in close spaces
- Can understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Fast-paced environment
- Be available to work scheduled hours, which may include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands.
Benefits offered include: Pension, 401K, Vacation, 10 paid holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, and Bonus opportunity.
To apply online, please visit:
American Red Cross & AmeriCorps Illinois
Safe Families AmeriCorps Team Member
Reports to: AmeriCorps Supervisor (title may vary) and AmeriCorps Program Director
Department: Disaster Cycle Services (Chapter/Region)
Service Locations May Include: Chicago, Romeoville, Kankakee, DeKalb, St. Charles, Peoria, Springfield, Rockford, Quincy and Moline.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in the community? Do you want to gain new skills and experiences? Are you passionate about empowering people to prepare for and recover from disasters and emergencies? Safe Families AmeriCorps members will serve to organize community members across Illinois in making their cities, schools, organizations and households more resilient to emergencies. The member’s primary responsibility will be to teach, coordinate and lead emergency preparedness, planning and recovery activities in their assigned territories in support of the American Red Cross.
The American Red Cross is currently seeking 21 individuals to serve as full-time AmeriCorps Team members from August 28, 2017 through July 27, 2018
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Identify emergency-related community needs
2) Instruct disaster preparedness, health, safety and youth programming
3) Develop events to assist in providing health, safety and disaster education to underserved populations.
4) Build community partnerships (Establish and maintain relationships with local schools, local school councils and community based organizations, developing capacity to provide Red Cross health, safety and disaster courses to meet needs as identified)
5) Volunteer management, training and recruitment
a. Utilize Volunteer Connection system
6) Collaborate with other Corporation for National Service programs in the community, including AmeriCorps*VISTA, Learn and Serve, and National Senior Service Corps.
a. Participate in the National Days of Service (Veterans Day, MLK Day and Global Youth Services Day) and lead two service projects.
7) Complete and maintain required records
a. Including: pre/post-tests of students, teacher surveys, collecting demographic data of students, prepare bi-weekly reports, class rosters
8) Participate in required training activities and regular AmeriCorps meetings: an initial intensive training orientation, three quarterly trainings and other meetings throughout Illinois as needed.
9) Complete two self-directed community-based projects
1) Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills. (This is normally acquired through one to three years of clerical experience)
2) Valid Driver’s License is REQUIRED; reliable transportation is REQUIRED.
3) Commitment to volunteerism, including a record of past volunteer experience.
4) Strong communication skills, including public speaking.
5) Ability to work independently, recruit and motivate volunteers.
6) Bilingual English/Spanish encouraged to apply.
- Member will be required to become a Lay Responder First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor within the first 60 days of the term of service.
- Member must be willing to teach classes during the evenings and on the weekends.
- Must be willing to travel anywhere within the chapters jurisdiction to perform regular job duties.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the State of Illinois for required quarterly trainings.
- Willingness to receive certification and pass instructor level Red Cross safety and health courses.
- One year part time position (1700 hrs.) potentially renewable for one year.
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Must be 18 years of age at the start date of service
- Have a valid Driver’s License & clean driving record
- Members should also be comfortable working with a wide variety of people from all walks of life and backgrounds, and respect the American Red Cross fundamental principles.
• Must pass FBI background check, State of Illinois Police background check, DCFS background checks as well as submit to a Sex Offender National Data Base background check
• Members will receive a living allowance of $15,500.00 for the year.
• Medical Insurance
• Mileage reimbursement
• Upon successful completion of 1700 hours of service the Member will receive an Educational Award valued at $5,815.00.
• Childcare benefit paid at 100% based on the Child Care and Development Block Grant of 1991.
o See http://www.dhs.state.il.us/applications/ChildcareEligCalc/eligcalc.asp for more details.
- Invaluable experience from a nationally and internationally-respected organization for school, a future job or new career
- Extensive training
- $5,815.00 AmeriCorps Education Award (upon successful completion of service term commitment and 1700 hours of service)
- Living stipend paid bi-weekly
- Basic Health Insurance for AmeriCorps member
- Subsidized childcare
- Student loan forbearance (on qualifying loans)
TO APPLY: Submit application to: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=68556&fromSearch=true
- Project Type | AmeriCorps State/National
- State | Illinois
- Program Name | Safe Families and click on the red search button
- Click on Interested Position(s)
For more information please visit: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=68556&fromSearch=true
PLEASE NOTE: AmeriCorps team position offers are contingent upon AmeriCorps funding notification.
Monmouth College EOE/Nondiscrimination Statement
Monmouth College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, military service, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or other factors as prohibited by law.
Monmouth College admits students of any race, religion, color, sex, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to Monmouth students.
Monmouth College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to diversity and encourages applications from women and minority candidates.
Any inquiries regarding Title IX or the College’s Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator identified below. The Coordinator will be available to meet with or talk to students, staff, and faculty regarding issues relating to Title IX and this policy.
Title IX Coordinator
Room 21, Poling Hall (lower level)
Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Associate Dean of Students
Room 126 Poling Hall (main level)
Any inquiries regarding Title VI or the College’s Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation should be directed to the Title VI Coordinator identified below. The Coordinator will be available to meet with or talk to students, staff, and faculty regarding issues relating to Title VI and this policy.
Individuals may also contact the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights for additional information.
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education-Chicago Office
500 W Madison St., Suite 1475
Chicago, IL 60661-4544
Warren Achievement Center
Part-Time Residential Assistant/Specialist
Part-time positions available for 2nd & 3rd shifts and early mornings during the week. Weekends include all shifts. Residential Assistants will provide guidance and supervision to individuals with developmental disabilities in a group home setting. Position requires a valid driver’s license and high school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to pass TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education).
Apply online at www.warrenachievement.com or pick up an application at 1220 East 2nd Avenue, Monmouth, IL 61462.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Courtyard Estates of Monmouth
Courtyard Estates of Monmouth is looking for an amazing individual to join their team and prepare delicious meals for their tenants. This is a part-time position, second shift. If interested, please call Carie or Julie at 309-734-9355.
Courtyard Estates is looking for dedicated and friendly CNA and Residential Assistants to join our team! Competitive pay, benefits available and amazing tenants to care for and a fun team to join! Stop by and fill out your application today and ask for Carie or Brenda or call 309-734-9355. 2nd and 3rd shifts available.
We are looking for a dedicated LPN to join our team. This is a part-time day shift 1-2 day a week with an occasional 2nd shift. If you are interested, please call 309-734-9355 and ask for Carie or Brenda.
City of Monmouth
Director of Community Development
The Director of Community Development is responsible for the direct administration and implementation of municipal development programs and projects, including commercial, industrial, residential and downtown redevelopment activities/opportunities. This is a hands-on position that actively manages all community development programs including, but not limited to, the downtown façade program, retail recruitment, residential land development, industrial expansion, Chamber of Commerce relations, public information, social media and newsletter, State/Federal grant programs, Comprehensive Plan update, Enterprise Zone, Tax Increment Financing program, Downtown Strategic Plan, economic development inquiries, website updates, Warren County CEO Program, outside community/economic development meetings and events.
Work is performed in conjunction with and under the administrative direction of the City Administrator. A bachelor’s degree in urban/regional planning, public administration, geography or related field is required, with three years of community development experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). Knowledge of laws, ordinances and State/Federal programs available to local government, project management skills and proficient computer office application will be necessary. Salary dependent upon qualifications. Possession of a valid Class D Illinois vehicle operator’s license or an equivalent license issued by the candidate’s state of residence. The position will require the selected candidate to establish residency inside the corporate limits of the City of Monmouth within six months of appointment. The position is appointed by the Monmouth City Council upon the joint recommendation of the Mayor and the City Administrator.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history to Lewis Steinbrecher, City Administrator, City Hall, 100 E. Broadway Avenue, Monmouth, IL 61462, by August 31, 2017.
RA Reynolds Agency
Career opportunity for local Insurance Agency in Monmouth. Looking for Full Time Agent, License preferred or willing to obtain license. Salaried position. Please send resumes to PO Box 146 Bowen, IL 62316
Field & Warehouse
Aerotek is looking for laborers for multiple fields in Monmouth, IL. Pay $12 hour and $18 for overtime (which is available and optional), start immediately after a drug screening and background check. No interview process! Work is a phone call away.
Fall Outside & Inside work
Call Val Edwin
314-801-5226 or apply directly by sending your resume to